Assisted Living For LGBTQIA+ Seniors
Around 2.4 million Americans over 65 identify as LGBTQIA+. Many of these seniors need help performing tasks such as walking upstairs, cooking food, or changing their clothes. In retirement, independent living, and assisted living communities for LGBTQIA+ seniors, residents enjoy the rights they might not receive elsewhere due to their sexual or gender identity, including:
- Caregivers, administrative staff, and fellow residents treat each other with dignity.
- Community members are never verbally, sexually, mentally, financially, or physically abused.
- All residents are guaranteed privacy regardless of their physical or mental struggles.
- So long as they are able, residents are always involved in making important decisions about their life and their healthcare.
- Community members are always informed of changes in services, care, treatment, and billing.
- All residents are included in all facility activities.
Visit assistedliving.org for a list of LGBTQIA+-friendly retirement, independent, and assisted living communities in your state.
Freed Marcroft is dedicated to providing excellent service to everyone, regardless of their gender identification or sexual orientation. For a family lawyer experienced in handling cases involving members of the LGBTQIA+ community and their loved ones, contact us for a free consultation.