Divorce and Family Law
Freed Marcroft Family Law offers litigation, mediation, and
collaborative divorce and family law options for clients across the state of Connecticut Begin
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers
Get assistance with your Divorce & Family Law questions from our experienced Attorneys in Connecticut
Connecticut Divorce and Family Law
Divorce and family law are all we do at Freed Marcroft. Our attorneys‘ singular focus, without distractions, allows us to go “a mile deep” on all the highly evolving aspects of family law. Our lawyers have the qualities you expect from powerful litigators, including a deep bench, legal knowledge, and an aggressive approach. However, our legal team also has the compassion and conflict resolution skills necessary to provide non-adversarial resolutions for clients. We have extensive experience in all three family law options – litigation, mediation, and collaborative divorce – because what is most important to us is designing a divorce individualized to you, your goals, and your family.
Comprehensive Family Law Practice
Freed Marcroft’s sophisticated legal team has a full-service divorce and family law practice, including:
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Later in Life Divorce
- Same Sex Divorce
- Property Division
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody & Parenting Plans
- LGBTQ+ Family Law
- International Divorce and Custody
- Legal Separation
- Unmarried Couples
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Post Judgment Modification and Contempt
Tell us about your case
Ask a question. Tell us what happened. Request a free initial call. Call 860-560-8160 or fill out the short form below.
WHY CHOOSE FREED MARCROFT FAMILY LAW?
- Free Initial Call – Tell us: What would you like your life to look like? Explore your options and get a vision for your future during your complimentary initial call with our team.
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – From Google (4.6-Star) to Avvo (10.0 Rating) and Yelp (5-Star), We have countless reviews and testimonials from our clients to give you a snapshot of what it’s like to work with us.
- Award-Winning – Our clients and colleagues have voted us “Best Law Firm” in the Hartford Magazine Readers’ Poll from 2015 – 2020, and listed us in the rankings of Super Lawyers® year after year. In our industry, we have been recognized by the Law Firm 500 awards, the Inc 5000 List, the LGBT Bar – Best LGBT Lawyers, The Hartford Business Journal Family Business Awards, and more.
- We’ve Got You Covered – When it comes to family law, our comprehensive approach provides the peace of mind and confidence you deserve. Our team is skilled in mediation, litigation, and collaborative law, and also takes pride in creating unique, strategic solutions to help each client move through their matter and into a better place.
- One-on-One Attention – You are more than just a legal matter. From your first call with us, you will feel heard and supported through every decision you make. You can expect professionalism, prompt replies, and candor with every interaction. Beyond that, we’ll frequently ask for your feedback, so that we can be sure we’re moving towards your goals and priorities – together.
- Empathetic and Professional – We know you’re going through a lot, and we genuinely care. When you work with Freed Marcroft, you can expect a team member to check in with you and make sure you are doing alright.
- Accessible – If something comes up, you can be rest-assured that an experienced family law attorney or paralegal from our team will be there to help you, even if your lawyer is in court. We offer private and secure communication via phone call, text message, and email.
- Serving All of Connecticut – We offer fully-virtual conference calls and appointments, representation across every courtroom in the state, and offices in Hartford and New Haven counties.
- Deep Bench – Our divorce lawyers’ legal and negotiation skills are top notch, but that’s not the only thing that matters. Our team takes the time to learn about your goals for your life and then we design a legal strategy to get you where you want to be. In our years of family law practice, we’ve learned that divorce is anything but “one size fits all”, so we’ve tailored our approach and our client experience to deliver an outcome that meets your unique needs.
- Serious & Laser Focused – We have laser-focused our practice exclusively on family law and divorce, and we stand for your future with the same focus and intensity.
Real Clients, Real Reviews
NAVIGATING DIVORCES WITH CHILDREN
For families with children, decisions surrounding parenting plans and child custody and parenting are often the most emotional aspects of a divorce. Freed Marcroft offers mediation and collaborative divorce, which allows and supports parents seeking agreement on parenting and child support outside of court. A non-adversarial method allows for a creative and flexible parenting plan that anticipates the future as your children grow. Plus, you and your co-parent will learn enhanced communication skills, setting you up to reduce the stress on everyone – especially the kids.
CUSTODY & SUPPORT MODIFICATIONS
Freed Marcroft’s lawyers have the depth of knowledge and experience about family law, and with the Connecticut courts, to deploy the most strategic Post Judgment motions for you. In fact, filing motions isn’t always a necessary (or even preferable) first course of action. If you prefer to reach an agreement, rather than litigate, mediation and collaborative law are options to consider. In those cases, we submit the agreement you reach to the court so that it becomes an enforceable court order. There are other creative solutions that may meet your needs and help you move
Let’s Get Your Life Back
Get assistance with divorce & family law from our experienced Connecticut attorneys
TYPES OF DIVORCES
There are three ways to approach a Connecticut divorce, traditional (high-conflict) or cooperative (low-conflict) litigation, collaborative divorce, and mediation. Your Freed Marcroft legal team will help you understand the pros and cons of all three divorce options so that you can choose the approach that’s the right fit for you and your family. We have extensive experience in all divorce options because what is most important to us is designing a divorce individualized to you, your goals, and your family. The divorce process you choose should be based on you, not your attorney’s partiality (or absence of) training or proficiency
DIVORCE INFORMATION & FACTS
Freed Marcroft’s divorce attorneys have a lot of experience helping people through this time, and part of our job is to explain how divorce and family law work in Connecticut. Check out our Divorce Information and Facts for answers to the most common legal questions. Plus, we are always adding new divorce and family law information to both our Divorce and Family Law Blog and YouTube video channel. If we decide to work together, you will have the opportunity to ask (and we will answer) whatever legal questions are on your mind. Your lawyer’s answers will be specific to you, your situation, and your goals.
Your life is the outcome of your decisions