[Webinar] “CT Same-Sex Couples & Stepparent Adoption: Your Name on the Birth Certificate is Not Enough”
The recent presidential election has highlighted the importance of adopting children of parents of the same sex. This webinar will provide clarity on the current status of children who are biologically related to one but not both parents, will share possible impacts of the presidential race, and will present possible solutions to bring legal protections and comfort to parents.
Who Should Register for this Webinar?
- Married and unmarried same-sex couples raising children who are biologically related to one but not both partners.
- Married and unmarried same-sex couples considering beginning a family.
- Same-sex couples interested in the potential impacts of the recent presidential election on the status of their parental rights.
What Topics Will Be Discussed?
- How the recent election may impact children of same-sex couples.
- Why non-bio parents should adopt.
- Whether a Connecticut adoption will be enforced in other states.
- How long the adoption process takes.
- How much an adoption costs.
Freed Marcroft’s legal team guides select clients through the legal aspects of adoption and family law issues while remaining mindful of their overall wellness.